Miami Retail Store Accident Attorneys
Helping Victims of Retail Store Accidents Throughout the State of Florida
Miami’s streets are lined with shopping centers filled with a variety of retail stores, from international and national chains to smaller “mom and pop” type stores. No matter what products or services they are selling, all of these stores should strive to serve their customers while making their shopping experience as pleasurable and safe as possible.
Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Some store owners and property managers have allowed their premises to deteriorate to the point that they are actually dangerous for customers and other visitors to the property. Slippery surfaces, falling objects, cracks in the floor or pavement, poor lighting and obstacles in aisles can all cause serious injuries, such as broken or crushed bones, damaged organs, and traumatic brain injuries.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to hazardous conditions at a retail store, you know how devastating these preventable injuries can be. The shock and pain of injury, coupled with mounting medical expenses, can be overwhelming. With help from compassionate, experienced premises liability attorneys, however, you may be able to hold the business and/or property owner liable and obtain substantial financial compensation for your injuries.
For over twenty-five years, the skilled retail store accident attorneys of Boyers Law Group have successfully litigated personal injury cases, helping Florida families hold negligent parties accountable for the injuries they cause and achieving substantial compensation for people injured by their negligence. We want to hear what happened to you so we can put our valuable experience, skill and resources to work helping you get the full compensation you deserve for your injuries and suffering.
What Causes Accidents and Injuries at Miami Retail Stores?
Regardless of how you were injured in a Miami retail store, your injuries could be serious and sustained. Brain damage, fractures, spinal cord injuries, intestinal damage and even death can result from accidents at stores. One of the most common store accidents is a slip and fall, which can happen anywhere – in the store, changing or fitting rooms, restrooms, parking lot, lobby or customer care area. Some other common accidents include:
- Pedestrian or car accidents in the parking lot
- Accidents due to improperly maintained entrance and exit doors
- Uneven pavement and sidewalks around the retail store
- Assault or acts of violence
- Fires or explosions due to unsafe wiring
- Falling objects, such as decor or signage
- Broken stairs, ramps or handrails
- Accidents due to loose floorboards, floor mats or recently waxed or mopped floors
- Debris or liquids on the floor
- Inadequate or poor lighting
Retail store accidents can cause serious bodily harm, pain and suffering, loss of wages, emotional distress and even death. A premises liability lawsuit may be necessary to obtain the compensation you need to pay for ongoing medical expenses, lost income, pain and other damages.
The retail store accident attorneys of the Boyers Law Group can ensure you have a strong premises liability claim. We will thoroughly review what happened in your accident, collect the evidence necessary to prove liability on the store and/or property owner’s part and prepare the strongest possible case to help you achieve justice and the financial compensation you deserve.
What Is Required to Prove Negligence at Retail Stores in Florida Premises Liability Claims?
Under Florida law, premises liability claims are a specific form of negligence claim. This means that in order to win a premises liability claim, your attorney has to prove by a preponderance (meaning the greater weight ) of the evidence the four elements of a negligence action:
- Duty of care – The business and/or property owner owed you a duty of care.
- Breach of duty – The business and/or property owner breached the duty of care owed to you.
- Injuries – The breach of duty caused you to suffer injuries.
- Damages – The injuries resulted in you suffering damages. These damages can be economic, as in medical expenses and lost income, and non-economic, as in pain, suffering and mental anguish, among other quality of life losses.
Thus, property owners, including retail store owners, are obligated by law to keep their clients, customers and other visitors to their property safe from potential dangers. Retail store owners must ensure that their store is safe in all aspects of its operation, including the parking lot, changing or fitting rooms, restrooms and the shopping floor. When a store does not meet its statutory obligation, it is considered negligent.
Retail store and property owners breach their duty of care and are seen as negligent when their actions constitute a failure to:
- Maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition.
- Fix or repair a dangerous condition which they knew about (actual notice) or reasonably should have known about (constructive notice).
- Warn of a danger on the property which they knew about or reasonably should have known about.
What Compensatory Damages Can Be Recovered with a Premises Liability Claim?
If you or a loved has been seriously injured in a Miami retail store accident caused by a property owner’s or operator’s negligence, you may be able to obtain substantial financial compensation for the injuries and damages you have suffered. These damages may, among others, include:
- Mental anguish and suffering
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Disability or physical impairment
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Medical expenses in the past or to be incurred in the future
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The experienced personal injury accident attorneys of Boyers Law Group will be able to determine the full compensation to which you are entitled and initiate a premises liability action that achieves the desired outcome.
Boyers Law Group Attorneys Have Many Years of Successful Experience Representing Victims of Miami Retail Store Accidents
When you or a member of your family has been seriously injured in an accident at a store, you need expert legal help to sort through the details of your case and advocate for the compensation you deserve. The compassionate, skilled team of attorneys at Boyers Law Group has over two decades of experience successfully litigating retail store and other personal injury accident cases and have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
You can depend on our experienced team of trial lawyers, investigators, paralegals and experts to respond promptly to all of your questions and concerns, to be completely prepared to successfully litigate your case and to leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of justice.
Please contact the experienced Miami retail store accident attorneys of Boyers Law Group at 800.545.9100 or submit the “Tell Us What Happened” form on our website for a free consultation so we can get started working on your case.