Miami Parking Lot Accident Injury Attorneys
Helping Victims of Parking Lot Accident Injuries Throughout the State of Florida
Parking lots are everywhere in Miami. They are outside office buildings, supermarkets, strip malls, sporting venues, shopping malls and more. In fact, parking lots are so pervasive, it is likely that you pull into or out of one multiple times each day. Although they might not beautify our city, they are extremely important to its economic vitality and our everyday lives. Unfortunately, they are also the site of numerous serious accidents and major trauma due to a variety of dangerous conditions that could and should have been prevented or eliminated by property owners and managers.
While the slow speeds maintained in parking lots may give us a sense of security, the reality is that one-fifth of all car accidents happen in parking lots, often due to distracted driving but also, at times, because of a lack of traffic control signs or pedestrian flow markings. According to the National Safety Council, these accidents cause hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries each year. In addition, people can be seriously injured in parking lots if they slip or trip and fall due to defective walking surfaces, such as cracked or uneven pavement or poor lighting. Finally, people also suffer harm due to inadequate or negligent security when parking lots are in the middle of high crime areas.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury due to dangerous conditions in a Miami parking lot that could and should have been prevented, you deserve justice and compensation for your injuries. Getting help from experienced, compassionate and highly capable lawyers who are committed to your recovery and well-being is crucial to improving your quality of life.
The skilled attorneys of Boyers Law Group are passionate about holding negligent and irresponsible individuals and corporations accountable for the harm that they cause to others. We have successfully litigated personal injury cases for over twenty-five years and have helped many Florida families win substantial compensation for injuries suffered due to the wrongful conduct of others. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious parking lot injury due to someone else’s negligence or wrongful conduct, we are here to listen, advise you on your best course of action and help you obtain the justice you deserve.
What Causes Accidents and Injuries in Miami Parking Lots?
In addition to distracted driving, there are many other factors related to negligent property maintenance and safety that cause accidents and injuries in Miami parking lots. Among these factors are:
- Uneven or poorly maintained pavement
- Obstructed viewpoints and blind spots
- Flooding due to poorly maintained drains
- Lack of signage
- Debris or objects (such as shopping carts)
- Inadequate or inappropriate pavement striping
- Insufficient lighting
- Inadequate security, leading to criminal assaults, stabbings or shootings
What Kind of Accident Injuries Occur in Miami Parking Lots?
Even though vehicle accidents in parking lots are treated as non-traffic incidents due to the nature of where they occur, they can still be devastating to drivers, passengers and pedestrians. Slip and fall accidents, trip and fall accidents or negligent security in parking lots can all cause life changing physical injuries, including:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain damage
- Fractures/broken bones
- Blood loss or hemorrhaging
- Intestinal damage
- Internal organ injuries
Serious bodily harm from a parking lot accident can lead to pain and suffering, an impaired quality life, lost wages, emotional distress and ongoing medical expenses. To receive the compensation you need and deserve for your injuries, it is necessary to secure the best possible legal representation. The experienced Boyers Law Group team has a proven record of success in helping accident victims throughout Florida obtain the substantial compensation they deserve.
The highly skilled and experienced accident attorneys of the Boyers Law Group will devote considerable resources to the prosecution of your parking lot accident premises liability claim. We will thoroughly review what happened in your accident, collect all the necessary evidence to prove liability on the part of the property owner and operators and will do everything in our power to prepare, negotiate, litigate and, when need be, try a formidable case on your behalf.
Who Is Liable for Parking Lot Injury Accidents in Miami?
Under Florida premises liability law, property owners have a duty to maintain their property, including parking lots, in a reasonably safe condition for their customers, clients and other visitors. If they breach this duty of care, accident related injuries and criminal activity, for which they can be held liable, can occur:
- Slip or Trip and Fall Injuries. Potholes, uneven pavement, unmarked changes in ground elevation, debris or other obstacles and loose shopping carts can cause people to slip, trip and fall or otherwise suffer a traumatic injury. If the fall results in a serious injury, the negligent property owner(s) can be held liable with a premises liability claim.
- Car Crash Injuries. Miami parking lot car accidents are treated as non-traffic incidents; however, the property owner(s) may be held liable if an accident occurs because of a dangerous situation in the parking lot, such as debris, defective or improperly placed equipment, overgrown shrubbery or stray shopping carts that create a hazard for drivers.
- Injuries due to Criminal Activity. Under Florida law, property owners have a duty to exercise reasonable care to protect against reasonably foreseeable criminal conduct on their property. If a customer, client or other invited visitor is robbed or assaulted in a parking lot, the property owner(s) and managers can be held liable for injuries and losses if the security on the property can be shown to be negligent and a proximate cause of the injurious criminal conduct.
In short, property owners and managers have a legal duty to operate and maintain their parking lots so they are safe for clients, customers and other visitors. They may be held liable for negligence if they breach this duty by failing to:
- Maintain the premises in a reasonably safe condition.
- Fix or repair a dangerous condition which they created or knew about (actual notice) or reasonably should have known about (constructive notice).
- Warn of a danger on the property which they knew about or reasonably should have known about.
If you have been injured in a parking lot, where you were a customer, client or invited visitor, the owner and/or manager could be liable for negligence if their failure to maintain their property led to you being seriously injured. The experienced Miami premises liability attorneys of Boyers Law Group can assess your case, advise you on the best course of action and help you pursue justice and the compensation you deserve.
Recovering Compensatory Damages after Suffering an Injury in a Parking Lot
If you or a loved has been seriously injured in a Miami parking lot accident caused by negligence, it may be possible to obtain substantial financial compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering. Potential damages that you may recover include:
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity
- Medical expenses – present and potential future expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Disability or physical impairment
- Mental anguish
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
We will do everything possible to maximize your recovery for all the elements of damage that the law recognizes. Our experienced and compassionate team at Boyers Law Group will also work tirelessly to support you through the challenging time that follows a serious accident- related injury.
Experienced Miami Attorneys Have Decades of Success Representing Accident Victims
Our decades of experience has resulted in millions of dollars in payments to our injured clients. We are committed to putting our experience, knowledge, skill and resources to work for you and your loved ones.
Please contact the experienced Miami parking lot accident attorneys of Boyers Law Group at 800.545.9100 or submit the “Tell Us What Happened” form on our website for a free consultation so we can begin working for you.