Miami Car Accident Attorneys
Helping Victims of Car Accidents Throughout the State of Florida
Known worldwide for its beautiful beaches and abundant attractions, Florida is also known for its dangerous roadways. Ranking right behind California and Texas as the state with the third most motor vehicle accident fatalities, Florida recorded close to 402,000 car crashes in 2019, with 254,817 injuries and 3,186 fatalities.
These car accident injuries typically cause pain, suffering and financial hardship for accident victims and their families. If you or a loved one has recently been the victim of a Florida car accident, you don’t have to face all of these challenges alone. The highly skilled car accident attorneys at the Boyers Law Group want to help.
For over twenty-five years, we have successfully litigated personal injury cases, helping Florida families hold negligent parties accountable for the injuries they cause and achieving substantial compensation for their injured victims. Let us put our experience, expertise and resources to work helping you get the full compensation you deserve.
Negligent Drivers Cause Florida Car Accidents
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) lists six risky behaviors that impact safety on our nation’s roads: drunk driving, drug impaired driving, distracted driving, speeding, not wearing seat belts, and drowsy driving. Of these, five are seen as negligent conduct that causes accidents:
- Drunk Driving – For several decades, private advocacy groups, such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and government agencies have campaigned aggressively against driving while intoxicated. As a result, the number of drunk driving accidents has decreased in the U.S., yet drunk driving crashes still cause more than 10,000 fatalities each year.
- Drug Impaired Driving – Driving while impaired by any substance, whether legal or illegal, is against the law in all 50 states. Some over-the-counter medications, prescription medications, and marijuana can affect a driver’s ability to drive safely and respond quickly to changing traffic conditions. Serious car accidents are thus a direct result of drug impaired driving.
- Distracted Driving – The digital age has provided multiple new distractions for drivers. Cellphone calls and texts, as well as complex car radios and navigation systems, can pull a driver’s gaze from the road. When a driver is distracted in this way, accidents are much more likely to occur.
- Speeding – Speeding is dangerous for the speeder as well as everyone on the road around them. Over the past twenty years, speeding has been involved in approximately one-third of all motor vehicle fatalities. In recent years, it has been a contributing factor in approximately 25% of all traffic fatalities.
- Drowsy Driving – When you’re behind the wheel, lack of sleep, drowsiness or fatigue can impair your cognition and performance, leading to serious accidents. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that in 2017, 91,000 police-reported crashes involved drowsy drivers, but most experts agree that this number underestimates the widespread problem of drowsy driving.
Mechanical Malfunctions, Automobile Defects and Car Accidents
Sometimes a car accident is not caused by a driver, but by the car itself. Mechanical malfunctions can manifest in tire blowouts, brake failures, seat belt and air bag defects, etc. On other occasions, the vehicle design can contribute to an accident, such as SUV rollovers, engine errors, structural failures, post-collision fires, etc.
These product defects can be the sole cause of a crash or act in concert with a driver’s negligence. The attorneys of Boyers Law Group are experienced in handing defective product claims and will be able to determine all of the liable parties in your car accident case.
Florida Car Accident Claims
Contrary to what many people believe, Florida’s no-fault law does not mean you cannot file a car accident claim to obtain compensation if you suffered serious injuries. Indeed, Florida motorists can be held liable for the injuries and damages caused by their negligent actions, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated, disregarding a traffic light, failing to yield the right of way, following too closely, and engaging in road rage.
There are many times when a lawsuit is necessary to obtain the compensation you need to pay for ongoing medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, and other damages. An experienced Boyers Law Group car accident attorney can review what happened in your injury accident and let you know if you are eligible for this kind of lawsuit. You should not assume that you do not meet the “serious injury” threshold without first consulting with a knowledgeable Florida car accident attorney.
In Florida, victims of automobile accidents generally have 4 years from the date of the crash to file a lawsuit. If the accident resulted in a death, the lawsuit must usually be filed within 2 years. Even with these given time limitations, it is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible after the crash so that the accident scene and vehicles can be photographed and examined by investigators and experts. When BLG is promptly contacted, we can often obtain “Black Box” electronic data (aka “Event Data Recorder”) from the car’s computer system that enables us to determine vehicle speeds, steering maneuvers and braking attempts at the time of a crash. We will also interview witnesses while their memories are still fresh. In addition, our car accident attorneys will obtain cell phone service provider records of the at fault driver which often provides invaluable evidence of negligent, distracted driving.
Compensation for Florida Car Accident Victims
If you or a family member has been seriously injured in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be able to obtain substantial financial compensation for the injuries and damages caused by their negligent actions. With a Florida car accident lawsuit, you may be able to pursue compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity in the future
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Scarring, disability, disfigurement
- Property damage to your vehicle and possessions in your vehicle
The experienced Miami car accident attorneys of Boyers Law will examine every detail of your case to help you get the substantial compensation you deserve.
Boyers Law Group Attorneys Have Many Years of Experience Representing Victims of Automobile Accidents
When you or a member of your family has been seriously injured in an automobile accident, you need expert legal help to sort through the details of your case and advocate tirelessly for the compensation you deserve. Our compassionate, experienced team has many years of experience representing victims of automobile accidents. We will help you understand the legal process, make sure we understand every detail of your accident and injuries, and do everything possible to hold the responsible parties accountable.
Please contact the experienced Miami car accident attorneys of Boyers Law Group at 800.545.9100 or submit the “Tell Us What Happened” form on our website for a free consultation so we can get started working on your case.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2014 – 2020). Traffic crash reports: Crash dashboard.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. U.S. Department of Transportation. (n.d.). Risky driving.