Florida Personal Injury Lawyers
When you or a loved one has been seriously injured in Florida because of someone else’s negligent, reckless or wrongful actions, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for your life changing injuries. However, you will also, undoubtedly, have many questions about your accident and concerns about your future. Why did this terrible accident happen? Who is legally responsible for my injuries?? What can be done to hold them accountable for their hurtful actions? How will I pay for all of my medical expenses? Will I ever be able to return to the activities that I enjoy and, if not, how does that affect my right to compensation?
The experienced Florida personal injury accident attorneys of Boyers Law Group understand these concerns that our seriously injured clients have. We can help answer these and many other important questions. We have been successfully advocating for victims of Florida personal injury accidents throughout the State for over twenty-five years and are available to help you and your family get through this difficult time.
So, if you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to the negligent or wrongful conduct of others, the team at Boyers Law Group would be privileged to help you obtain just and substantial compensation while holding the responsible parties legally accountable for your injuries. We will do everything in our power to maximize your compensation by tirelessly, talentedly and attentively advocating for you. Our firm does not take on a large number of cases but, instead, devotes tremendous resources and attention to each and every client whom we represent.
Our successful experience on behalf of our seriously injured clients spans the entire state of Florida.
Florida Lawyers Committed to Justice and Full Compensation for People Injured Anywhere in Florida
Boyers Law Group has been honored to help many Florida families obtain justice. We have successfully achieved large damage recoveries for clients who were injured due to negligence or recklessness in many Florida cities and counties including, among others, Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, Fort Myers, Naples, Palm Beach County, Fort Lauderdale/Broward County, Miami-Dade County and the Florida Keys down to Key West, Some of our representative recoveries include $12.5 million for wrongful death, $5.5 million for medical negligence and $5 million for an automobile accident injury, among many other substantial awards.
We understand that our injured clients depend on us to provide the type of powerful advocacy that is critical both to achieving justice and to winning the full measure of compensation our clients need and deserve. For that reason, our exceptional team will work relentlessly to achieve the best possible result on your behalf.
What Is a Florida Personal Injury Case?
Car accidents, construction site accidents, truck accidents and other types of accidents can have devastating effects on your quality of life. Recognizing these numerous challenges and losses, Florida law allows you to take legal action against those who caused your injury and recover damages for mental anguish, diminished capacity to enjoy life, pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, past and future medical expenses, lost wages and decreased earning capacity in the future, among other types of losses.
If you have suffered an injury because of the careless, irresponsible or wrongful actions of a person, business or other entity, then you may have a personal injury case that can and should be pursued. Personal injuries can occur in many different contexts, but to constitute a viable personal injury case in Florida, you and your attorney must be able to prove the four elements of a negligence cause of action:
- Duty of care: You must demonstrate that the defendant(s) had a legal duty to act with reasonable care, so as not to cause injury to another person. For example, all motor vehicle operators must operate their vehicles with reasonable care in order to avoid causing injury to other motorists and pedestrians.
- Breach of duty: You need to show that the defendant(s) breached this duty of care. For example, a driver who speeds, goes through a red light or drives while intoxicated breaches the duty of care all motor vehicle operators have while driving.
- Cause: You must have evidence to demonstrate that the defendant’s breach of his duty of care and the resulting accident caused your injuries.
- Damages: You must prove that you sustained losses, such as medical expenses, pain, suffering, and other damages, because of your injuries. Examples of the types of injuries for which Boyers Law Group has successfully represented clients include fractures or broken bones requiring surgery, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, brain injuries, nerve damage, severe burns, amputations, and many other serious injuries, including wrongful death.
Defendants can argue against any part of your claim by misrepresenting facts, in an attempt to invalidate your entire claim and prevent you from obtaining justice. Furthermore, insurance company representatives will often seek to contact you and distort the facts and the extent of your injuries in an attempt to undermine your claim and deny you fair compensation. Therefore, if you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, it is important to consult with a Florida personal injury trial lawyer experienced in successfully handling claims involving severe personal injury as soon as possible. It is also essential that you do not speak to anyone, especially a representative of an insurance company, including your own insurance carrier, before contacting a lawyer who can guide you through the entire process.
The Boyers Law Group legal team works to build the strongest possible case from the very beginning of our representation for the firm’s clients. Gathering the evidence, without delay, is often a critical component in achieving success in a personal injury case.
What Types of Personal Injury Accidents Occur in Florida?
Unfortunately, personal injury accidents can occur in almost any environment. Boyers Law Group personal injury lawyers have extensive experience helping clients obtain substantial compensation for a wide range of these personal injury accidents, including:
- Car Accidents – Whether a careless driver speeds, runs a stop sign or red light or cuts you of off on the highway, car accident injuries can be life-changing. Similarly, if you were injured in car and ridesharing accident (e.g. Uber or Lyft accidents) you need the top-quality legal help available from Boyers Law Group to investigate the circumstances surrounding their accident, collect the evidence needed to prove negligence and to vigorously advocate for all the compensation that you deserve.
- Drunk Driving Accidents – Drunk driving accidents can be especially devastating. Innocent accident victims can suffer physically, emotionally, mentally and financially for years to come. Their families also suffer from loss and emotional trauma. The Boyers Law Group accident attorneys are committed to helping families affected by drunk driving accident injuries and holding the drivers accountable for the damages they have caused.
- Truck Accidents –Truck accidents are especially harmful, and often fatal, for people in smaller motor vehicles. If you or a family member has been seriously injured in a truck accident in Florida, the experienced personal injury accident attorneys of Boyers Law Group can help. We have helped many accident victims and their families throughout Florida obtain substantial monetary awards for their injuries and want to help you obtain the full compensation you deserve.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle accident injuries are often life-shattering. Victims may need compensation for medical expenses, loss of income, pain, suffering and other damages. The personal injury accident lawyers of Boyers Law Group can help hold drivers whose negligence or reckless behavior caused a motorcycle accident accountable for all the damages they caused and help you get the full compensation you need.
- Bicycle Accidents – Like motorcycle accident injuries, bicycle accident injuries can be catastrophic, even fatal. If a motor vehicle driver is completely or partially at-fault for an accident, you have the right to take legal action against them and secure the full compensation you need and deserve for your pain, suffering and losses. The experienced personal injury accident attorneys of Boyers Law Group can help build and prosecute a strong bicycle accident claim for you.
- Pedestrian Accidents – If you are injured by a motor vehicle while walking on a Florida roadway, sidewalk or parking lot, you have the right to file a claim against the negligent driver, even if you were partially at-fault. The personal injury accident attorneys of Boyers Law Group are well-versed in the Florida negligence laws in relation to proving fault in pedestrian accidents. We have successfully helped hundreds of people injured by the negligence of others obtain the full compensation they deserve for their pain, suffering, anguish and losses.
- Train Accidents – Train accidents can cause catastrophic injuries or death, whether they involve cars, trucks, pedestrians, other trains or derailment. These terrible accidents are usually the result of negligence or recklessness. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a train accident, getting legal help from experienced Florida personal injury accident attorneys is in your best interest. The Boyers Law Group lawyers will make sure they obtain and preserve the evidence needed to hold the responsible parties accountable for the injuries they caused and help you obtain the substantial compensation you need.
- Plane Accidents – Plane crashes are horrific for survivors and family members. They might not know what their legal rights are and how to take legal action against the negligent parties. The personal injury accident attorneys of Boyers Law Group have the experience that airplane crash victims need to protect their rights, investigate the crash and aggressively pursue substantial compensation for damages.
- Boat and Other Watercraft Accidents – Injuries from boating accidents can occur in a variety of different contexts. However, most accidents occur when boat operators do not act responsibly on the water or do not understand the rules of safe navigation. If you have been injured on a jet ski or other personal watercraft, private boat or commercial vessel, the experienced personal injury accident lawyers at the Boyers Law Group can help you achieve justice and get compensated fully for your injuries.
- Cruise Accidents – Many serious injuries occur each year on cruise ships, yet holding cruise lines accountable for the damages their negligence causes is not easy. An experienced Florida accident attorney is necessary for collecting the essential evidence and pursuing just compensation for victims injured due to cruise line negligence. These cases typically have a 6 month notice of claim requirement and a one (1) year statute of limitations for filing suit, so you must act quickly to contact a lawyer and protect your legal rights.
- Resort and Hotel Accidents – Resort and hotel accidents are pervasive in Florida. If you have been injured because of negligence at a resort or hotel in Florida, the experienced personal injury accident and resort tort lawyers of Boyers Law Group can help you obtain the fair and full compensation you deserve for your injuries.
- Pool and Drowning Accidents – Unfortunately, drowning and other accidents in and around pools and spas are far too common in Florida. Children suffer suction entrapment drownings at pools or drownings because pools do not have required fencing around them. Diving accidents occur around pools and some pools or spas are improperly wired leading to electrocution injuries or fatalities. When these accidents occur because a property owner and/or manager has been negligent, injured victims (or their families, in the case of drowning deaths) have the right to sue for damages. If you or a family member has been injured because of negligence in or around a pool, the experienced personal injury accident attorneys of Boyers Law Group can help you take effective legal action to hold the negligent parties accountable and obtain the substantial compensation justice demands.
- Unsafe Premises (Premises Liability) – If you or a family member has been seriously injured because of unsafe conditions on someone else’s property, you may be able to hold the negligent property owner and/or manager liable for your injuries with a premises liability claim. The Boyers Law Group attorneys can help you file a strong claim to obtain the substantial compensation you deserve for the damages you suffered.
- Slip or Trip and Fall Accidents – If you have been injured in a slip or trip and fall accident on someone else’s property due to an unsafe condition, deviation from industry standards or building code violations, among other dangerous conditions, an experienced Florida personal injury lawyer from Boyers Law Group can help you take effective legal action to hold the negligent party or parties liable and obtain the full compensation you deserve.
- Negligent Security – Negligent or insufficient security at a hotel, motel, store, shopping center, mall, bank/ATM, parking lot, bar, nightclub, other commercial premises or in a residential development can enable criminal activity and resulting injury. If negligent or insufficient security, such as a lack of security cameras or locks, poor lighting, the absence of security guards or inadequately unprotected property in an area known to be a high crime area played a part in your being attacked and injured, the Boyers Law Group personal injury attorneys can help you bring a strong premises liability claim to hold the property owner liable and recover full compensation for your injuries.
- Construction Site Accidents – Accidents can occur in many ways at construction sites, including falls from scaffolding and other elevated platforms, defective or improperly operated machinery or equipment, electrocution, burns and falling debris, among many sources of serious or even fatal construction site injuries. When negligent operation or maintenance of premises or equipment or the use of defective equipment caused these accident injuries, you have the right to take legal action and recover damages from the responsible parties.
- Daycare Center Accidents – Daycare centers have a legal duty to provide a reasonably safe environment for children in their care. When they breach their duty and children are injured, the injured child and their parents can hold the careless caretakers accountable and obtain the substantial compensation to which they are entitled under the law. The Boyers Law Group attorneys will fight tirelessly for the full compensation your family deserves for your child’s injuries, pain and suffering.
- Nursing Home Negligence – Nursing home patients can be seriously injured when nursing homes are understaffed or staff is poorly trained or unqualified and this leads to neglect of vulnerable residents. If a loved one has been injured while a patient in a nursing home or other long-term care facility, you may be able to hold the facility liable for the injures resulting from their negligence. The experienced Florida personal injury attorneys of Boyers Law Group can help you take effective legal action against those responsible for the nursing home negligence injury.
- Defective Products – Manufacturers, distributors and retailers are legally responsible for making sure that their products perform as intended and are reasonably safe for consumers. When they fail to uphold their responsibility and people are injured by their defective and unreasonably dangerous products, the injured victims have the right to take legal action against them to recover damages. With the help of Boyers Law Group attorneys, you can level the playing field against large corporations that inexcusably expose consumers to dangerous products.
- Wrongful Death – When the negligent or wrongful actions of a person, persons or a business entity result in someone’s death, certain family members of the deceased individual can hold the responsible parties legally accountable and may be entitled to very substantial compensation for their tragic loss. The Florida personal injury attorneys at Boyers Law Group understand that when you lose a beloved member of your family, you want much more than compensation; you want justice. We work relentlessly to achieve justice for the families of victims in every wrongful death case we prosecute on behalf of our clients.
What Types of Injuries Do Victims of Personal Injury Accidents in Florida Suffer?
Personal injury accidents can cause many different types of serious or catastrophic injuries. The Florida personal injury accident lawyers of Boyers Law Group have a successful track record of convincing insurance companies and juries that these types of injuries, among others, have devastating effects on injured individuals and their families and warrant large compensatory awards:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Paralysis – quadriplegia, paraplegia, hemiplegia/hemiparesis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Anoxic brain injuries and hypoxic brain injuries
- Fractured/Broken Bones
- Injuries requiring surgery
- Nerve Damage
- Burn Injuries
- Wrongful Death
What Compensation Can Victims of Personal Injury Accidents in Florida Receive?
The amount of compensation you can recover for damages resulting from a personal injury varies depending on the specific circumstances of your case. However, in general, if you can demonstrate that another party’s, other parties’ or an entity’s negligent, careless or wrongful action led to your injury, which caused damages, you may be able to take legal action against them and obtain substantial financial compensation for the damages you suffered. These damages can be both economic and non-economic, including:
- Emotional distress and anguish
- Physical pain and suffering
- Disability or physical impairment
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Medical expenses and health care needs now and in the future
- Loss of income and diminished earning capacity
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
You can be assured that our team of experienced Florida personal injury attorneys will use our ample skill, knowledge and resources to achieve the best possible result on your behalf.
Get the Top Quality Legal Experience and Skill You Need for Your Florida Personal Injury Case
The Boyers Law Group personal injury attorneys are committed to passionately pursuing justice for our clients and have over 25 years of experience achieving exceptional results for our clients through large settlements and verdicts at trial. However, perhaps even more importantly, we will be compassionately by your side working to improve your quality of life in every way that we can. At Boyers Law Group, we take our commitment to serve our clients very seriously and know what it means to be Champions for the Injured.
If you or a family member has suffered a serious personal injury in Florida, please contact us at 800.545.9100 or submit the “Tell Us What Happened” form on our website to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced Florida personal injury attorney.