Publications & Articles
Boyers’ Article, “Proving Brain Injury”
Every parent’s worst nightmare is a catastrophically injured child: A tractor trailer rockets down the roadway out of control, jumps the median and explodes into an innocent family’s mini-van. In the truck’s destructive wake – a crumpled heap of twisted metal and a 12-year-old girl with severe brain damage. (Read More)
Trying Your First Case? Don’t Panic!
You are an experienced trial lawyer who is approached in the courthouse by a young attorney, Joe Greenie, who will soon be trying his first case. You can actually smell his fear. Greenie asks you for sage advice that he can cling to as his parachute when he begins his harrowing and public free fall. What do you tell him? (Read More)
In addition to his numerous lectures and publications, Mr. Boyers has been interviewed on various legal matters by local and national media outlets including a Today Show interview involving a high profile negligent security case.
- "Navigating Florida's Treacherous Legal Waters," NYSTLA Bill of Particulars, Vol. I, 2017.
- Crime Prevention and Negligent Security, Lecture North Miami Community Group March 2014
- "Strategies for Traumatic Brain Injury Cases" and "Cross-Examination of Defendant's Traumatic Brain Injury Expert," Chapters in 2010 Suppl.to Proving Mental and Emotional Injuries, James Legal Publishing;
- "Cross-Examination of Defendant's Traumatic Brain Injury Expert," Lecture, Miami-Dade Justice Association Past-President's Seminar Lecture, November 2010
- "Effective Openings, Cross-Examinations and Summations," Lecture, Miami Beach Bar Association luncheon, 2009
- "Assessing the Risk - When and How to Litigate a Medical Malpractice Case," Florida Justice Association's Jan 2008 Medical Negligence Seminar,Weston, Florida,
- "President's Message" Dade County Trial Lawyers Association Newsletter (multiple articles, 2007-2008)
- "Malpractice - The Consequences of Not Listening," Comprehensive Health Solutions', National Summit on Quality/Performance Management and Improvement, Orlando, Fl, Jan 2007
- "Proving Brain Injury," Originally Published in the South Florida Legal Guide 2007
- Cross Examination of the Defense Medical Expert," Chairperson and Moderator, Dade County Trial Lawyers Association, 2007
- "An Affront to Our Civil Justice System," The Miami Daily Business Review (Op Ed) April 23, 2007
- "Cross Examination of the Adverse Medical Expert," Dade County Trial Lawyers Association, (Re-printed and updated from AJ Cone 2004), Seminar Chairperson and Moderator, Miami, Fl October 2006
- "Trying Your First Case? Don't Panic!" Originally Published in the South Florida Legal Guide 2006
- Florida International University College of Law, Mock Trial Judge/Lecturer, 2005
- Authored Multiple Trial Law articles, Dade County Trial Lawyers Newsletter, Editor-in-Chief, 2002-2004
- “Cross Examination of the Defense Medical Expert,"AJ Cone Trial Advocacy Institute, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, " Orlando, Fl August 2004
- "The Lawyer and the Neuropsychologist - Managing the Process and Each other," International Bar Association Conference, San Francisco, February 2003
- Techniques for Conducting an Effective Cross Examination of a Neuropsychologist in a Brain Injury Case, International Bar Association Conference, San Francisco, February 2003
- "Plaintiff's Tactics for Maximizing Damages at Trial,” Damages In Florida Civil Trial Practice, National Business Institute, August 2000, Re-printed 2003.
- "Advance Trial Skills Seminar," Chairperson and Moderator Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Orlando, Fl Fall 2003
- A Few Words on Cross Examination of the "IME" Doctor, Dade County Trial Lawyers Association Newsletter, Miami, Fl, June 2002
- "Demonstrative Evidence - The Latest and Greatest,"New York State Bar Association, NYC, NY, Printed in Do Or Die - Trial Skills Seminar Volume, May 18, 2001
- Law and Abnormal Psychology, University of Miami, Guest Lecturer, 1998
- Psychological Malpractice, University of Miami Graduate Program in Clinical Psychology, Guest Lecturer, 1997